Contribute to Avalanche
How to Contribute Back to the Avalanche Community
The last step to become a real continual learning super-hero ⚡ is to fall into a radioactive dump.☢️ Just kidding, it's much easier than that: you need to contribute back to Avalanche!
There are no superheroes that are not altruistic!
Examples of Avalanche Issues available on GitHub
In any of the two cases you'd need to follow the steps below:
- 2.⭐Star + 👁️ watch the repository.
- 3.Fork the repository.
- 4.Create or assign an existing issue/feature to yourself.
- 5.Make your changes.
The following rules should be respected:
- Use PEP8 coding style and work within the 80 columns limit.
- Always pull before pushing a commit.
- Try to assign to yourself one issue at a time.
- Try closing an issue within roughly 7 days. If you are not able to do that, please break it down into multiple ones you can tackle more easily, or you can always remove your assignment to the issue!
- If you add a new feature, please include also a test and a usage example in your PR.
Also, before making your PR make sure that the following commands return without any errors:
pycodestyle avalanche tests examples
python -m unittest discover tests -v
Otherwise fix them and run again these commands until everything is working correctly. You should also check if everything is working on GPUs, using the env variable
USE_GPU=True python -m unittest discover tests -v
Faster integrity checks can be run with the env variable
USE_GPU=False FAST_TEST=True python -m unittest discover tests -v
Contribute to the Avalanche documentation
To contribute to the documentation you need to follow the steps below:
- 1.The notebooks are contained in the folder
notebooks. The folder structure is specular to the documentation, so do not create or delete any folder.
- 2.Detect the notebook that you want to edit and do all the modifications 📝
- 3.Commit the changes and open a pull request (PR).
- 4.If your pull request will be accepted, your edited notebooks will be automatically converted and uploaded to the official Avalanche website 🎊!